Welcome to the Otago Rail Trail Planner
The Otago Rail Trail Planner is an independent tourism business that provides you with the planning, booking and organising services you require to confidently complete your Otago Central Rail Trail adventure. We take pride in making your Rail Trail biking or walking experience relaxing and enjoyable.
Click on map to see larger version (148KB, opens in new window)
Using our planning and booking services will save you time and hassle as all your required arrangements are made for you at no additional cost. Any of the following services can be requested:
- Itinerary planning so that your bike ride or walk is broken down into manageable sections
- Accommodation bookings at each stopover to suit your budget
- Bag transfers between accommodation places
- Booking of bikes especially designed for riding the Otago Central Rail Trail
- Free, secure car parking at Rose Cottage B&B, Middlemarch
- Dunedin Airport and Taieri Gorge Train transfers
- Mini bus and trailer transfers of people, bikes and luggage
- Full backup, guiding and side-trips off the Trail
- The providing of Rail Trail package options
- Tours to places of interest
We specialise in providing one to five day packages for groups including families and team-building trips for corporate, business and other groups.
In conjunction with our planning, booking and organising services we operate Rose Cottage Bed and Breakfast and Mt Ida Adventure Tours. Both these ventures are based in Middlemarch at the start/finish of the Otago Central Rail Trail. They enable us to share with you the Rail Trail adventure experience whilst providing friendly and efficient services.
Please enjoy using our website. It will help you to plan and book a special holiday experience. The Rail Trail passes through a unique and special part of New Zealand. We appreciate having the opportunity of helping you to make the most of your Otago Central Rail Trail trip.